"I fished with Doug Miller and Karl Zimmerman, who work for the elegant Grosse Savanne Sportsman’s Lodge, which includes acres of private marsh that we couldn’t fish in the contest. We still had no trouble limiting (15 a man) with specks and adding several redfish each, but I jigged the only flounder — and that was a mere 13 inches..."
- Captain Al Ristori
Star Ledger Article
"I had the opportunity to go with my friend, mentor and legendary photographer, author and muck master C. C. Lockwood to an area in SW Louisiana that the owners are hoping to develop its eco-tourism potential. They have two rookeries on their vast properties. One is in Sweet Lake and the other is at their beautiful lodge Grosse Savanne just off Big Lake..."
- Steve Uffman, Baton Rouge, LA
Uffman's Photo Album
Thank you for including me on the outstanding Grosse Savanne
hunting, fishing and dining extravaganza.....The Lodge has the finest waterfowl hunting
and saltwater fishing in Louisiana and as you know, over the past 40 years, I have
been to a lot of them
testimonials from fellow sportsmen!
- James L. Weiss, Attorney, Metairie, LA
- 2013 Waterfowl Season Article Glenn Harris Article
- Check out info on our wildlife photography workshop with C.C. Lockwood .
- Hit the links at Gray Plantation Golf Club after an early morning saltwater fishing trip.
- Learn more about our Corporate Work/Fishing Retreats
- Orvis Endorsed Wingshooting Lodge status.
- Orvis Endorsed Fly-fishing Lodge status.
- If you would like to provide customer feedback on your experience at Grosse Savanne Lodge, at your convenience you may complete a Client Evaluation Form